The gemstone amethyst has been viewed as a talisman against addictions and it is very popular among men shopping for engagement rings as a diamond and amethyst engagement ring is a big trend nowadays. Not only this, but this gem is also known to reduce stress, calm negative emotions, and give relief in headaches. In spite of these qualities this gem is not a popular choice for the engagement ring. However, qualities like sincerity and purity make it the perfect thing for couples who want to make their relationship more meaningful. A lot of people believe that amethyst engagement ring meaning does influence your relationship positively.
Advantages of Amethyst Ring
So, while amethyst may be an unusual gemstone for engagement still it can be the perfect thing for your engagement if you want something unique. Also, it promotes some qualities that every person looks for in their partners. It promotes sincerity that is all about genuine, consensual love between two people and purity which ensures that their love is not affected by outside circumstances. Amethyst exists in different colors so you could choose a green amethyst engagement ring, purple amethyst engagement ring or pink amethyst engagement ring.
Another feature that makes Amethyst a good option is its cost. When compared with precious stones like rubies or diamonds this gemstone is relatively reasonable though they are just as beautiful. Although, you can also find many options for an amethyst diamond engagement ring, especially if you would be looking for a vintage amethyst engagement ring. In simple words opting for an Amethyst engagement ring set will give you an advantage of the perfect combination of beauty and affordability. If you want to make your proposal even fancier, consider going for an amethyst and diamond engagement ring.
What Metal Types Can Be Used for Amethyst Rings?
Though metal type is more of a personal choice certain types of metals are more commonly utilized in these rings. The popular metal options are platinum, silver, and white gold. Though you can also opt for yellow gold few people these days are opting for it as it is considered a relatively soft metal. Durability is of special importance as engagement rings are worn daily for years together. Another reason why people do not opt for yellow gold for amethyst ring is that the yellow hue can bring out an undesirable yellow tint in the amethyst. Amethyst engagement ring white gold is a very popular option, although you can also consider choosing black gold amethyst engagement ring so there’s a lot of to think about while selecting amethyst engagement ring sets.
Tips for Buying Amethyst Ring
Like every other gem, the biggest challenge when buying this gemstone is its authenticity. We all shell out a fortune to own a gemstone. We all want to avoid the costly mistake of picking up a fake as there are many places that sell imitations as amethyst and it is very difficult to tell the fake stone on the first look.
- Only shop from a trusted jeweler, usually they inform their customers whether the stone is an imitation of the natural stone.
- Also remember that there are three grade levels for amethyst stones: Siberian, Uruguayan and Bahrain.
- Siberian stone is top-grade amethyst while the lowest grade is Bahrain.
- The deep violet shade is the more expensive and as the color range goes lighter the price also goes down.
- Remember oriental amethyst rings do not contain amethyst stones instead these rings have sapphire stones but the color of the stone is somewhat like the amethyst.
How to Take Care of Amethyst Ring?
- Don’t wear them in a way that they get exposed to direct sunlight as it may alter the hue of the stone.
- Clean it at regular intervals as it is essential to keep it in good condition for a longer period.
- To clean it you can simply mix water with light liquid soap and then scrub it with a soft-bristled toothbrush.